Machine Operator (day shift, night shift available!)
Are you interested in a career in the environmental services industry? Growing production facility in Jeannette is seeking Machine Operators. Responsible for operating and maintaining machines that extrude or draw out thermoplastic materials. The ideal candidate will have the ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Possess the ability to calculate basic mathematical problems. Previous Forklift experience preferred.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Determine setup procedures.
- Draw or press thermoplastics into specific shapes.
- Set controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, sizing rings, and temperature.
- Synchronize speed of extrusion.
- Locate defects on extruded products.
- Check for conformance to specifications.
- Install, connect, test, and adjust equipment.
- Clean tools.
- Activate and adjust extruding machines.
- Resolve issues related to day-to-day operations and maintenance.
- Develop an understanding of OSHA regulations and Triumvirate’s Health and Safety Practices.
- Develop respect and working relationship with co-workers.
- Demonstrate the ability to be creative and solve unique problems.
- High School Graduate (or equivalent)
- Ability to operate large precision shop machinery
- Strong aptitude in problem solving and process improvement
- Ability to articulate problems and solutions verbally
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and personal initiative related to problem resolution duties with follow-through and professionalism.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing stressful situations
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug-free workplace.