Environmental Health & Safety Consultant
You have the talent, motivation and enthusiasm, but you need a team that is committed to helping you succeed - a team that is as dedicated to its employees as it is to its customers! We will help you meet your career goals with our mentoring and professional development opportunities.
Triumvirate Environmental is seeking an EHS Consultant to WOW clients in the Raleigh-Durham market. The primary goal of the EH&S Consultant is to protect Client employees, their contractors and customers and to safeguard the work and surrounding environment. The EH&S Consultant inspects and evaluates the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with governmental safety regulations, environmental regulations and industry standards. Usually working under the supervision of more senior EH&S Consultants, or the Client EH&S staff, they also help to implement and evaluate safety programs, testing and inspecting air, water, machines, conducting training, investigating incidents and accidents and acting as a subject matter resource about other elements of the work environment.
We are looking for those with experience working within biotechnology/pharmaceutical firms, universities, healthcare facilities and/or manufacturing facilities. Eager environmental professionals looking to join a growing practice are encouraged to apply for this position!
Responsibilities may include:
- Measure occupational and environmental hazards, such as noise or radiation, using calibrated scientific equipment and/or collecting samples of dust, vapors or gases according to a defined operating procedure. Measure the effectiveness of engineered control systems such as fume hoods.
- Participate in the inspection and examination of machinery and equipment, such as lifting devices, machine guards, or scaffolding.
- Conduct workplace safety inspections according to a defined procedure, evaluating the use of personal protective equipment, such as respirators, respirators, protective eyewear, or hardhats, according to applicable regulations. These inspections of the workplace will involve talking with workers and observing their work.
- Identify potential accident and health hazards, such as toxic vapors, mold, mildew, and explosive gas-air mixtures and help implement appropriate control measures, such as adjustments to ventilation systems.
- Help investigate accidents and injuries, identifying causes and recommending remedial action.
- Communicate with Client personnel regarding workplace safety issues, recommending corrective actions.
- Conduct routine EHS safety trainings such as new employee orientation, hazard communication, fork truck trainings, without supervision.
- Write reports, including accident reports, and enter information on required Occupational Safety and Health Administration recordkeeping forms.
- Assist in the development of specific areas of occupational health and safety systems, including drafting or updating policies, procedures, and manuals.
- 2 years minimum, 5 years maximum EHS Consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a hard science i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Engineering or Environmental Science
- Have attended 2 or more industry-related trainings (OHSA 10 or 30 hour General Industry Safety, OHSA 10 or 30 hour Construction Safety, HAZWOPR 40 hr., ABSA, DOT/IATA Hazmat Transportation
- Training/public speaking skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail with ability to keep the big picture in mind
- Excellent people skills; ability to work well with clients and co-workers
- Self-starter, motivated individual
- Preferred computer skills: MS Office, Visio, CAD
- Active membership in a national professional Safety organization, including local chapter
Triumvirate Environmental is one of the largest environmental services firms in North America. Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services, consulting, and training to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
Triumvirate offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Pet assistance program.
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements.
- Discounted movie tickets.
- And more!
For further information on Triumvirate, our corporate culture, and our benefits package, please check us out and apply at www.triumvirate.com
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug-free workplace.
Safety is a priority here at Triumvirate Environmental. To learn more about emergency response preparedness, click here to read our blog!