Industrial Wastewater Engineer
Triumvirate Environmental, a cutting edge environmental services firm is seeking a dynamic, independent, and energetic individual with industrial wastewater engineering experience and a customer-oriented attitude!
The engineer will perform engineering design and carry out operation and maintenance activities for industrial wastewater treatment systems. The engineer will assist senior engineers in performing design calculations, preparing engineering drawings, cost estimating, etc. for industrial wastewater treatment systems. In addition, the engineer will perform onsite inspections and be responsible for making observations, documenting construction progress and operations, identifying malfunctions and improvements for industrial wastewater treatment systems at client sites. Field duties will include the coordination and collection of samples for laboratory analysis, troubleshooting system operation, routine maintenance, and emergency repairs.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Assist in Identifying design alternatives for industrial wastewater treatment systems.
- Support the development of wastewater treatment alternatives for specific situations.
- Perform piping, pump, and treatment equipment sizing calculations.
- Develop engineering drawings and sketches using AutoCAD.
- Prepare mass and water balances for wastewater sources and treatment systems.
- Assist in proposal preparation.
- Prepare industrial discharge permit applications.
- Inspect, operate and maintain wastewater treatment systems.
- Maintain and complete daily logs and administrative forms of all maintenance and routine operations at sites.
- Calibrate and troubleshoot various flow measuring devices.
- Properly maintain various programmable logic control devices (PLCs).
- Collect industrial wastewater samples.
- Participate in training personnel in the proper operation and maintenance of industrial wastewater treatment plants.
- Assist with system repairs and upgrades.
- Assist with construction project oversight and scheduling
- Coordinate site visits with staff, venders, and the client.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field.
- Driver's license in good standing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in using AutoCAD
- 0-2 years of experience in design of wastewater projects
- Strong report writing capability
- Coordinating multidisciplinary teams
- Has Massachusetts wastewater operator licensed, Grade 2I or above
Triumvirate Environmental is one of the largest Environmental Services firms in North America. Triumvirate provides. leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Pet assistance program.
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements.
- Discounted movie tickets.
- And more!
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug-free workplace.