Plant Maintenance Supervisor
Triumvirate Environmental’s Plastic Lumber Manufacturing Facility in Jeannette, PA is now hiring for an experienced Plant Maintenance Supervisor. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Plant Maintenance Supervisor directs and coordinates activities in the maintenance department to ensure timely and safe production standards are met. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Monitors regular preventative maintenance, and inspections on machines, equipment, and plant facilities to eliminate down time and ensure production goals.
- Act as a Mentor to a competent workforce by utilizing hands-on training methods in the work area focusing on timely repair of all production machinery and equipment in the plant.
- Along with Maintenance Manager, supervise and coordinate the activities of personnel consistent with Company policy.
- Create and implement a spare parts program.
- Regularly communicates relevant information to the Maintenance Manager.
- Organize spare parts inventory, work orders, and equipment information.
- Communicate expectations to all employees; provide direction, instructions and feedback based to employees. Follow up with appropriate recognition for good performance.
- Lead the maintenance technicians by prioritizing and scheduling work and providing guidance where needed.
- Help plan for work projects, which will assure proper materials, are ordered and available for the repair and maintenance of plant equipment, which will keep inventories at a minimum and reduce parts cost.
- Manage projects involving plant related equipment such as new equipment installations and equipment overhauls.
- Maintain accurate records of equipment and schedule preventative maintenance to assure work can be accomplished on time.
- Comply with OSHA and enthusiastically support and maintain our strong safety culture.
- Maintain an effective safety awareness program, including regular departmental safety meetings. Provide timely written feedback on any injuries or accidents and make recommendations for precluding recurrence.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, blueprints, and work orders.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with all departments.
- Be an integral part of the plant management team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to work safely around industrial equipment
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must possess a superb attitude, be highly motivated, and very detail oriented
- Must have prior maintenance experience
- Must have knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic Systems
- Ability to follow directions and work as a team and individual
- Prefer 5+ years of experience performing/supervising maintenance activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Prefer 3+ years of experience performing/supervising maintenance activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Prefer Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- Prefer experience with plastics manufacturing (shredders, conveyors, dryers, extruders, etc.)
Triumvirate Environmental is a full-service environmental management firm headquartered in eastern Massachusetts. Serving the environmental and hazardous waste needs of clients throughout the northeast in the areas of higher education, healthcare, manufacturing and utilities, and the life sciences, Triumvirate Environmental is the industry leader in personalized service and, as the expert in these industries, has become the trusted name.
Triumvirate offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Pet assistance program.
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements.
- Discounted movie tickets.
- And more!
For further information on Triumvirate, our corporate culture, and our benefits package, please check us out and apply at www.triumvirate.com
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug-free workplace.
Safety is a priority here at Triumvirate Environmental. To learn more about emergency response preparedness, click here to read our blog!