Corporate Finance Trainee
Looking to start your corporate accounting or finance career? Triumvirate Environmental is seeking an intelligent, motivated, self-starter to assist the Controller and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on special finance projects. In this role, you will complete rotations and projects in each finance department (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, and General Ledger Accounting) in order obtain a well-rounded, high-level view of how the organization operates. The goal of this position is to prepare you for a Triumvirate management position within finance long-term.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Assist the CFO and Controller with special business projects pertaining to many facets of the organization
- Complete rotations in each Finance Department:
- Accounts Payable
- Review vendor invoices, code to the general ledger, and secure approvals
- Process invoices (PO and non-PO) in a timely manner
- Respond to inquiries from vendors and internal clients
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Accounts Receivable
- Collect outstanding balances from Triumvirate clients
- Build relationships with client companies to collect outstanding balances
- Monitor Accounts Receivable to identify past due accounts and prepare analyses
- Review customer credit applications to determine credit worthiness
- Assist in the reporting of credit and collection metrics to senior management
- General Ledger Accounting
- Complete reconciliation and variance analysis of P&L and B/S accounts
- Support Flux Analysis process
- Ensure monthly WIP analysis and entry is complete
- Prepare and file sales & use tax returns in multiple jurisdictions
- Perform monthly financial reviews of multiple service areas to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial results
- Maintain general ledger, prepare and input monthly journal entries, review, and explain variances from budget and forecast
- Ensure compliance with revenue recognition
- Prepare and file multiple State Sales and Use tax returns with the potential of expanding across all 50 States as well as Canada and beyond
- Process and ensure all tax payments are made timely and accurately. Maintain all Sales and Use tax rates across all states and entities.
- Research and interpret tax compliance issues.
- Anticipate needs and be one step ahead at all times
- Build and maintain positive relationships and rapport with internal employees and external associates
- Recent college graduate with a Bachelors’ degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-up skills
- Enjoys working on multiple projects simultaneously, able to work accurately and effectively under pressure
- Team player with the ability to interface with all levels of management within and outside the company
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Strong and well-advanced administrative support skills
- Valid Driver's License
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Triumvirate Environmental is one of the largest environmental services firms in North America. Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
Triumvirate offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Pet assistance program.
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements.
- Discounted movie tickets.
- And more!
To apply for this position, please click on or copy and paste the following link into your internet browser: http://www.triumvirate.com/career-center
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug-free workplace.
Safety is a priority here at Triumvirate Environmental. To learn more about emergency response preparedness, click here to read our blog!