Environmental, Transportation, Safety
& Compliance Specialist
We are seeking a highly motivated, focused Environmental Health & Safety professional to be a part of our Compliance Team. The successful candidate will be an organized self-starter with strong attention-to-detail, positive attitude, and ability to build relationships. This individual must be able to work well-independently as well as be a contributing member to various cross-functional teams.
The primary role of this position is to provide direction, oversight and interaction of the day-to-day safety and compliance of operations. The selected candidate will interact directly with site and field personnel to ensure that our safety, environmental, and transportation related activities are carried out in strict compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations. This position requires frequent travel between our Portland, CT and Astoria, NY facilities.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Monitor, oversee and ensure compliance for all environmental health & safety program areas.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Create, update and implement all Environmental, Health and Safety plans and programs with assistance and direction from Triumvirate’s Corporate Compliance Department.
- Coordinate and conduct internal training activities for as required.
- Develop and conduct various required EH&S staff trainings, including RCRA, CAA, CWA, DOT, OSHA, FMCSA, HAZCOM, Lock Out/Tag Out, etc.
- Conduct field inspections to ensure safety and compliance at Triumvirate job sites.
- Conduct vehicle checks.
- Work with Training Department to ensure training is properly documented in our internal training tracking system.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all EHS and Transportation records up to date to ensure compliance with all client and regulatory training requirements.
- Take the lead on periodic self-audits of all program areas.
- Participate in periodic self-audits conducted by the Corporate Compliance Department.
- Communicate directly with regulatory agencies.
- Work with corporate headquarters to obtain new, replacement, or renewed permits for our fleet of vehicles in compliance with DOT regulations.
- Fill the role of local designated employee representative for Triumvirate Environmental’s drug and alcohol policy.
- Actively take part in the hiring, discipline, and termination process.
- Lead regional safety committee meetings on a bimonthly basis and communicate information from meetings to corporate headquarters and local employees.
- Attend safety meetings and conduct customer specific (semi-annual meetings, customer safety stand-down) meetings.
- Maintain ISNetworld, PICS, NCMS, US Coast Guard OSRO database, and LPS database.
- Execute periodic reporting requirements.
Most important responsibility:
- WOW! Internal and external customers
- Must have 5-7 years of experience or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in science related field or related experience.
- Experience with large, industrial hazardous waste generators or TSDFs.
- Ability to conduct dynamic trainings using adult learning methodology.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with state and federal regulators.
- Work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Working knowledge of federal environmental health & safety regulations and programs.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Triumvirate Environmental is the fastest-growing environmental management firm in the Northeast. With offices throughout the Northeast and East Coast, Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
Triumvirate offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes:
· Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
· 401(K) retirement savings plan.
· Tuition reimbursement.
· Pet assistance program.
· Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements.
· Discounted movie tickets.
· And more!
For further information on our company, our corporate culture, or our benefits package, check us out at www.triumvirate.com.
Triumvirate is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).