Transfer Station Coordinator
Are you ready to work with a team dedicated to safety and employee growth? Triumvirate Environmental not only promises growth opportunities, we create them through employee training and mentoring. Join a team as dedicated to your career as you are!
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Assist and coordinate waste transfer activities in the 10 Day facility.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA, EPA, DEP, DEC, FDNY, NYPD regulations within the 10-Day facility, including: Volume Restrictions, Container Integrity, Drum Labeling, Drum Segregation.
- Perform daily inspections of the 10-day lot.
- Report findings and develop solutions to operational/compliance-related matters occurring within the 10-day space.
- Maintain performance metrics associated with “direct ship” waste items and deliver feedback to the ops team on volumes shipped on a weekly basis.
- Schedule and coordinate applicable outbound and inbound shipments on a daily basis.
- Make deliveries to outbound TSDFs when necessary (Veolia, Northstation, Exide, WRS, etc.)
- Research and develop new procedures to maximize operational efficiency of the New York branch.
- Provide feedback to individual ops and facility staff members on work occurring in the 10-day lot.
- Call the field staff as necessary to anticipate volumes that will be received on a daily basis.
- Perform routine walk-through of supply areas and accept ultimate responsibility of area cleanliness.
- Place orders for additional supplies whenever necessary.
- Encourage employees to use the most reconditioned and/or reused supplies whenever appropriate.
- Work with facility staff to schedule and receive supply deliveries.
- Work with TSRs and Sales staff to anticipate the need for larger-than-usual supply orders.
- Work with the corporate procurement group to find the best prices on supplies and reduced costs incurred by the New York office.
- Perform a monthly supply inventory assessment and deliver a report to the corporate finance department with a reasonably accurate estimate of total value of supplies in inventory.
- Work with personnel in corporate headquarters to develop annual estimates of the value of assets at TEI’s New York office.
- Assist the facility operations staff occasionally to perform:
- Waste loading/offloading
- Continue to participate as a member of TEI’s emergency response program.
- Occasionally Assist Field Operations on a “As Needed” basis.
- Become efficient with Vacuum Truck Operations and Maintenance.
- Work with ops management staff to assist with field dispatching/scheduling responsibilities.
- Assist Ops management in maintaining DOT compliance by scheduling preventative maintenance appointments and running the tag-on program.
- Must be willing and able to get the following certificates and licenses:
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness
- CDL class “B” license with Hazmat, Air Brakes, Tanker Endorsements
- TWIC Card
- Must possess the following character traits:
- Interest in advancing his/her career and learn the inner-working of all aspects of TEI’s business model/strategy
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be organized
- Willing to perform hands-on tasks
- Positive attitude
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Triumvirate Environmental is one of the largest environmental services firms in North America. Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
Triumvirate offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Pet assistance program.
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements.
- Discounted movie tickets.
- And more!
For further information on Triumvirate, our corporate culture, and our benefits package, please check us out and apply at www.triumvirate.com
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug-free workplace.
Safety is a priority here at Triumvirate Environmental. To learn more about emergency response preparedness, click here to read our blog!