Front Line Supervisor - Jeannette PA
This is your opportunity for leadership. If you have experience in manufacturing, this is your chance to take your career to the next level.
You have the talent and motivation, but you need a team that is committed to helping you succeed- a team that is as dedicated to its employees as it is to its customers!
We don’t just promise growth opportunity, we create it through employee training, and mentoring!
The Front Line Supervisor supervises the production team members along with the Production Supervisor in implementing work processes and ensuring the production proceeds smoothly. Works closely with the Production Supervisor to ensure production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedule. The position is also responsible for optimizing resources in the most efficient manner consistent with standard work procedures, quality standards and safety parameters and for creating an engaged and team-oriented work force in order to improve business results.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Reviews production orders to ascertain needs, quantities and specifications of products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Establishes and/or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedule.
- Resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and to prevent operations delays.
- Effectively communicates issues to workers and management.
- Solve problems using problem solving methods, experience, etc. to assure the flow of production.
- Assist Production Supervisor in hiring and discharging of production workers. Recommend and provide job training to subordinates. Provide feedback to management on employee performance. Provide counsel and/or corrective action when necessary to improve performance.
- Leads the team in creating a safe working environment by reinforcing safety practices and policies, discovering and eliminating hidden dangers in the production lines, and reporting all accidents, injuries and near misses to Management.
- Provide recommendations concerning production or procedure modifications.
- Achieve production and plant priorities and goals. Lead efforts to assure these activities occur in a timely manner.
Most important responsibility:
- WOW! Internal and external customers
- Two to four years experience supervising direct reports in a manufacturing facility.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a good understanding of MS Office software.
- Must be able to to read and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be or be able to become fork lift certified.
- Must be able to work any shift if needed.
- Experience with plastic extrusion operations and equipment a plus!
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Triumvirate Environmental is a full-service environmental management firm headquartered in eastern Massachusetts. Serving the environmental and hazardous waste needs of clients throughout the northeast in the areas of higher education, health-care, manufacturing and utilities, and the life sciences, Triumvirate Environmental is the industry leader in personalized service and, as the expert in these industries, has become the trusted name.
Triumvirate offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- Company paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Steel toe reimbursement.
- Company paid uniforms.
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements.
- Discounted movie tickets.
- And more!
For further information on our company, our corporate culture, or our benefits package, check us out at www.triumvirate.com
To apply for this position, please click on or copy and paste the following link into your Internet browser: http://www.triumvirate.com/career-center
Triumvirate is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).