Senior Environmental Specialist
Triumvirate Environmental is the fastest-growing environmental management firm on the east coast. With offices from Maine to Florida, Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
Establish your career in the growing environmental services industry with Triumvirate and find out why our organization was voted one of the "Best Places to Work" by the Boston Business Journal!
You have the talent and motivation, but you need a team that is committed to helping you succeed- a team that is as dedicated to its employees as it is to its customers! We don’t just promise growth opportunity, we create it through employee training, and mentoring!
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Work in teams to perform lab pack services including chemical segregation, packing, and disposal.
- Perform chemical inventories
- Perform audits and inspections of facilities and laboratories.
- Assist management in developing top accounts and devising standard operating procedures
- Demonstrate supervisory leadership skills through interactions with team members
- Develop an understanding of OSHA regulations as well as Triumvirate’s Health and Safety Practices
- Obtain knowledge of technical, customer service, and business components of environmental services
- Commit to achieving the goals outlined in the Environmental Specialist Advancement Program
- Learn and work with, computerized waste tracking system
- Ability to work as a team player
- Determination/eagerness to learn about the environmental health & safety field.
- Creativity in solving unique problems
- Leadership experience/potential
Upon completion of emergency response (ER) training, all Environmental Specialists will be on a rotating ER team; requirements include wearing pagers 24 hours a day during their ER week. In addition, the position includes the daily need to lift items that weigh up to 75 lbs and to operate commercial motor vehicles.
Most important responsibility:
- WOW! Internal and external customers
- BS/BA in environmental science, Chemistry, Biology, or Business preferred, but all majors are welcome to apply.
- 2 years of lab/Environmental experience is highly preferred
- Completed OSHA 40 (HAZWOPER) certification
- Commercial Drivers Licence (CDL) is highly preferred. If not previously obtained, it will be a requirement to get this immediately after hire.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving history
- Strong customer service skills
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical examination
- Completed CPR and First Aid Training
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and computers
Triumvirate offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Pet assistance program.
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements.
- Discounted movie tickets.
- And more!
For further information on our company, our corporate culture, or our benefits package, check us out at www.triumvirate.com
Triumvirate is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug free workplace.