Emilcott Associates, a Triumvirate Environmental Company
EHS Field Technician
The Environmental Health & Safety Field Technician is responsible for collecting air quality samples for air quality monitoring programs, collecting samples, capturing data, and performing basic electronic troubleshooting. These skills combined with specific knowledge of the air quality monitoring regulations, methods and procedures to produce and report results from the air quality monitoring program.
- Calibration, operation and maintenance of monitoring instrument and support equipment, including documented instrument checks, tests and maintenance.
- Proper use of personal protection equipment (PPE) when required by a specific task, job safety analysis and/or facility-specific policy.
- Monitoring instrument operating and calibration principles, instrument internal component locations and function, testing and fault diagnostic procedures.
- If project requires, manual sample collection, proper sample handling, documentation, and chain of custody procedures.
The ideal candidate is a self-directed, results-oriented individual with a high level of enthusiasm, passion for the work and the following qualifications:
- Minimum high school graduate (AAS or higher degree in physical sciences or technology preferred).
- Prior experience working with air monitoring instrumentation, electronics and/or instrumentation preferred.
- Able to reliably and competently perform all tasks independently (unsupervised).
- Possess general mechanical and math skills.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
- Basic proficiency using personal computers running Windows OS, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook applications.
- Have reliable personal vehicle for travel to the monitoring station(s).
- Able-bodied: Walk to monitoring stations from nearby vehicle parking, work within monitoring shelter and outdoors, use common hand tools, use stairs, lift and carry a 40-pound load.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements
- 401(K) retirement savings plan with company contribution
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program
- TONS of safety training with opportunities for external trainings and certifications
- Paid time off and select paid holidays
- Mentorship & Career Succession Planning
- Opportunity be involved with employee-led resource groups
- Relocation Opportunities
- Auto/Home insurance discounts, pet assistance discount plans, discounted movie passes & more
For further information on Triumvirate & the exciting work that we are doing in the industry, please visit our LinkedIn page - Triumvirate LinkedIn
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug-free workplace.