(this position will report to our facility in Lowell, MA)
Do you work in the environmental field and have an interest in pursuing a career at a Treatment Storage Disposal Facility (TSDF)? As a QA/QC Specialist, you will be able to work closely with the Facility Manager and be involved with nearly every aspect of TSDF management. This is a unique role that will give you exposure to RCRA and DOT compliance, technical services, transportation and disposal coordination, as well as ten-day and universal waste management. It is our hope that with the right training, mentoring, and experience, you will be able to grow and manage your own Triumvirate TSDF.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Develop the knowledge and experience to manage a Part B permitted TSDF
- Understand TSDF permit and MA DEP expectations for TSDF management
- Assist with general facility compliance including performing daily/weekly/monthly compliance checks, training, SOP implementation/review, and process review
- Assist with general facility operations including serving as management if the facility manager is not available
- Consolidate waste according to TSDF permit, disposal facility requirements, and customer preferences
- Chose appropriate disposal facilities for waste based on acceptability, Customer preference, and cost
- Assist with waste determinations/profile management
- Coordinate outbound loads- setting up deliveries, scheduling transporters, etc.
- Develop an understanding of OSHA regulations, Triumvirate’s Health and Safety Practices, and EPA regulations
- Demonstrate your supervisory leadership abilities through interaction with coworkers
- Work towards becoming familiar with technical, customer service, and business components of environmental services
- Work with computerized waste tracking systems
- Upon completion of emergency response (ER) training, you will be part of an in-house ER team
- This position also includes the daily need to lift items that weigh up to 75 pounds
- This is a safety sensitive position
Most important responsibility:
- WOW! Internal and external customers
- BS in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, or other related majors, or equivalent required (must be able to submit college transcript)
- Successful completion of OSHA/DOT physical examination
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience working in a Treatment Storage Disposal Facility (TSDF)
- Completion of 40 Hour OSHA, CPR and First Aid Training
- 2+ years of experience in the hazardous waste field
- Basic knowledge of lab packs
- Prior knowledge, experience, and compliance with DOT, RCRA, and other applicable regulations
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Triumvirate Environmental is one of the largest environmental services firms in North America. Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
Triumvirate offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Pet assistance program.
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements.
- Discounted movie tickets.
- And more!
For further information on Triumvirate & the exciting work that we are doing in the industry, please visit our LinkedIn page - Triumvirate LinkedIn
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).