Environmental Health and Safety Consultant
Emilcott Associates is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Consultant to deliver short and long term consulting and staff augmentation engagements. This individual will have a strong understanding of EH&S concepts, issues, challenges, and will be able to identify unmet issues and opportunities with resolutions, for current and new clients while ensuring to the highest level of satisfaction.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Measure occupational and environmental hazards, such as noise and ergonomics, using calibrated scientific equipment and/or collecting samples of dust, vapors or gases according to a defined operating procedure. Measure the effectiveness of engineered control systems such as fume hoods.
- Participate in the inspection and examination of machinery and equipment, such as lifting devices, machine guards, or scaffolding.
- Conduct workplace safety inspections according to a defined procedure, evaluating the use of personal protective equipment, such as respirators, respirators, protective eyewear, or hardhats, according to applicable regulations. These inspections of the workplace will involve talking with workers and observing their work.
- Identify potential accident and health hazards, such as toxic vapors, mold, mildew, and explosive gas-air mixtures and help implement appropriate control measures, such as adjustments to ventilation systems.
- Help investigate accidents and injuries, identifying causes and recommending remedial action.
- Communicate with Client personnel regarding workplace safety issues, recommending corrective actions.
- Conduct routine EHS safety trainings such as new employee orientation, hazard communication, fork truck trainings, without supervision.
- Write reports, including accident reports, and enter information on required Occupational Safety and Health Administration recordkeeping forms.
- Assist in the development of specific areas of occupational health and safety systems, including drafting or updating policies, procedures, and manuals.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements
- 401(K) retirement savings plan with company contribution
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program
- TONS of safety training with opportunities for external trainings and certifications
- Paid time off and select paid holidays
- Mentorship & Career Succession Planning
- Opportunity be involved with employee-led resource groups
- Relocation Opportunities
- Auto/Home insurance discounts, pet assistance discount plans, discounted movie passes & more
For further information on Triumvirate & the exciting work that we are doing in the industry, please visit our LinkedIn page - Triumvirate LinkedIn
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).