Worker’s Compensation Specialist
Responsible for Worker’s Compensation program management including, Medical Management Services (Nurse Triage) and Auto Insurance. Coordinate plan administration guidelines, account set ups and renewals, billing and payment arrangements, medical surveillance scheduling, claims management, internal claims auditing, utilization review and loss reporting and preventions.
Collaborates with Finance, Human Resources and Legal Departments, develops and implements the claims management process, including claims reporting, claims and case management, utilization review, reserve amounts, secondary insurer communications, claimant and insured meetings, medical care, settlement negotiations, compliance with state regulatory agencies, and final claims resolutions.
Within this role you will be the company’s key contact responsible for the administration and direction of our insurance programs working with our third-party administrator (TPA), nurse case managers, local safety managers, field managers and Triumvirate employees.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Train field personnel in procedures to be utilized for accident reports and work-related injuries,
- Manage insurance claims for the company and attend claims reviews to ensure TPA compliance with company guidelines,
- Monitor ongoing medical treatment and assist with the development of modified duty plans for workers on restricted duty,
- Monitor and manage litigated files and consults with adjusters and defense council to determine best case strategy including settlement evaluations,
- Develop, align and implement corporate health and safety and transportation goals,
- Provide guidance on risk management policy and review reserves and allocated expenses from initiation of the claim to closure,
- Identify and analyze trends to ensure the company’s strategy and policies are comprehensive and effective,
- Maintain knowledge of new and existing laws, rules and regulations, and take actions appropriate to ensure timely compliance and communication to appropriate departments including but not limited to completion of OSHA logs.
- Provide medical surveillance scheduling support to field management and local safety managers.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years’ experience managing insurance claims including workers compensation,
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail and follow up,
- Strong prioritization and time management skills,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and build strong working relationship with Fleet Safety Manager, National Director of Environmental Safety Training, Regional Safety professionals and field staff,
- Ability to work with all levels of employees in this highly visible position
- Comfortable interpreting and communicating complex technical information with internal and external partners.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements!
- Gyms at select branch locations.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan with co. contribution.
- Very Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program - WOW!
- TONS of safety training with opportunities for external trainings and certifications!
- Paid time off and select paid holidays!
- Mentorship & Career Succession Planning
- Opportunity be involved with employee-led resource groups
- Relocation Opportunities
- Auto/Home insurance discounts, pet assistance discount plans, discounted movie passes & more!
For further information on Triumvirate & the exciting work that we are doing in the industry, please visit our LinkedIn page - Triumvirate LinkedIn
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).