Environmental, Transportation, Safety
& Compliance Specialist
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the Environmental Health and Safety and permit required programs for a Fixed Facility that manufactures plastic lumber and sterilizes medical waste
- Coordinate and lead health and safety initiatives as requested by Plant Management
- Lead proactive safety initiatives, including periodic machine guard assessments, inspections, and new equipment install reviews,
- Manage the Safety Committee reports and programs, ensure action items are being completed and tracked
- Lead incident investigation and root cause analysis for near miss, injury, and vehicle accidents,
- Update Plant Specific Policies and Procedures based on investigations,
- Manage incident reporting and injury systems and processes,
- Participate in corporate and self-audits of the facility EHS programs,
- Assist in conducting industrial hygiene assessments, including noise and total particulates,
- Complete regulatory reporting requirements for the facility permits (ICW Processing, Beneficial Use, NPDES, etc.), including monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports
- Conduct Facility and Permit required inspections,
- Interface with regulatory agencies, including DEP, for inspections and follow-up
- Updated facility and permit required plans, including the EAP, PPC, and contingency plans
- Manage transportation permits for regional vehicle fleet to maintain DOT compliance with Corporate Compliance Department assistance,
- Assist with the maintenance of Intelex, SharePoint, and other safety and industrial hygiene databases
- Develop, update, and implement internal Transportation, Environmental, Health, and Safety programs and procedures with Corporate Compliance Department assistance
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related field or 5-7 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- General knowledge of federal regulations and programs
- Knowledge of OSHA program implementation
- Experience conducting training
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with state and federal regulators
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Experience managing Health and Safety in Manufacturing
- Knowledge of Intelex or other health and safety management systems
- CSP, ASP, or other similar certificate
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements!
- Gyms at select branch locations.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan with co. contribution.
- Very Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program - WOW!
- TONS of safety training with opportunities for external trainings and certifications!
- Paid time off and select paid holidays!
- Mentorship & Career Succession Planning
- Opportunity be involved with employee-led resource groups
- Relocation Opportunities
- Auto/Home insurance discounts, pet assistance discount plans, discounted movie passes & more!
For further information on Triumvirate & the exciting work that we are doing in the industry, please visit our LinkedIn page - Triumvirate LinkedIn
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).